2010/1/6 Helge Hafting <helge.haft...@hist.no>

> Luca De Marini wrote:
>
>> Hallo list, I'd like to understand a fast thing I never considered but am
>> considering now: is it possible in Lyx or Latex to wrap text around a
>> picture for real? I mean, in lyx I can do something like that to wrap text
>> around a picture but, in reality, I wrap it around a square into which
>> there's the picture. What if I have a transparent PNG and want the text to
>> wrap REALLY around the picture considering transparency? Looking at this
>> page:
>>
>> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Floats,_Figures_and_Captions
>>
>> And studying it, sounds to me it's impossible to achieve such a goal, am I
>> correct?
>>

> Doable but not easy.
> Start LyX, then try Help->Additional Features. There, read section 7.4
> "Non-standard Paragraph Shapes"
>
> Text can be typeset into any kind of paragraph shape, but you currently
> have to specify the exact shape through series of line-length commands.
>
> Now, LyX is software, so it'd be possible to extend it to find the
> outline of a png, and emit all those commands automatically. But nobody has
> done that yet.

Not usable by me for now, but that's very interesting, I think this is an
important feature for many kind of works, well, it depends on what the
target should be in any case, but it's a good idea to be very flexible,
so... I think this will be code one day maybe ;)
And it will be a really nice feature because, since it's hard to do this
kind of things in LaTeX, making it automatic will surely be an important
step forward for a lot of people. I'd love this for example.
Thanks and greetings,

Luca D.M.