On Monday 18 January 2010 13:51:27 rgheck wrote:
> This suggests to me an infinite loop somewhere that keeps consuming
> memory until there's none left, which is when you get a memory
> allocation error. I think this is really just std::bad_alloc in disguise.

Yes, that's what I would guess.

Since sending the message this morning I've upgraded to 1.6.5, and so far the
problem has not recurred.  This could be a sign the problem was fixed in
1.6.5, or it could be a sign that I had a problem with my installation
(remembering that Gentoo compiles everything from source on the target
machine) which was fixed by the recompiling and relinking in the upgrade.

Les
Les Denham