--- On Wed, 2/3/10, Waluyo Adi Siswanto <was.u...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Waluyo Adi Siswanto <was.u...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: "View - OpenDocument" command produces empty output - help!
> To: "Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW" <v.f.vanraveste...@tudelft.nl>
> Cc: the_herd_of_the_hor...@yahoo.com, lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
> Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 10:35 AM
> On 2 February 2010 19:02, Vincent van
> Ravesteijn - TNW
> <v.f.vanraveste...@tudelft.nl>
> wrote:
> >>[examples/splash.lyx] is the document which
> automatically opens when
> > user
> >>runs LyX first time after installation. The problem
> is that the "View -
> >>OpenDocument" command produces empty output for me.
> Please help!
> >
> > Don't use OpenDocument. Use dvi or pdf to preview.
> >
> > Vincent
> >

> View>OpenDocument works for me (Ubuntu, LyX 1.6.5).
> View>OpenDocument will automatically run OpenOffice and
> show in the .odt.
> I can do File>Export>OpenDocument and creates *.odt
> file and get the
> same result.

For me, both these actions make empty .odt - the first one opens empty Writer
A4 sheet, and the second one puts a file with empty A4 sheet into the directory
of the original file...

> Waluyo

The solution you are offering is for me to try Ubuntu. I will have to try the
same version as you are using for an accurate experiment. Which version of it
are you using?