Guenter Milde wrote:
> >> I think the spellchecker should not do any guessing and switching. As
> >> long as we are using LaTeX, languages simply need be marked properly.
>
> Agreed. However, currently language switching is far too cumbersome:
>
> a) Edit>Text-style>Custom>...>select from an "endless" list, or
>
> b) M-x language ... (where you need to know the correct name of the
>                      desired language)

I could not agree more. Personally, I have defined shortcuts for the languages
I need most frequently.

I had the following idea for an UI: add a (context) menu item "Set language"
that lists the currently used languages and an accelerator for the character
dialog. I.e., if your document uses German, English and French, the menu would
look

Set Language >
        English
        French