Am 08.02.2010 08:26, schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
Guenter Milde wrote:
I think the spellchecker should not do any guessing and switching. As
long as we are using LaTeX, languages simply need be marked properly.

Agreed. However, currently language switching is far too cumbersome:

a) Edit>Text-style>Custom>...>select from an "endless" list, or

b) M-x language ... (where you need to know the correct name of the
                      desired language)

I could not agree more. Personally, I have defined shortcuts for the languages
I need most frequently.
Would you mind to explain how you use this bindings?
Do you have to mark the relevant paragraph(s) and then use the key binding?
What does a key binding of this kind look like?

I had the following idea for an UI: add a (context) menu item "Set language"
that lists the currently used languages and an accelerator for the character
dialog. I.e., if your document uses German, English and French, the menu would
look

Set Language>
        English
        French
        German
        More Languages ...

Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,
that's quite close to what I'm hoping for ;-)

Greetings from Munich

Hellmut

--
Dr. Hellmut Weber         m...@hellmutweber.de
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172