The way I do this type of thing is to  construct the frontmatter, including
the cover, in LyX using ERT and custom environments. That's a few hours of
LaTeX ERT work to get it looking just how you want it to, but I think it's
worth it.

A second way you can do it is to use pdftk to tack the Word-sourced front
pages onto the LyX sourced rest of the document, and of course set page
numbering in both so everything matches up.

SteveT