Rob Oakes <lyx-devel <at> oak-tree.us> writes:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I'm not sure that I follow what you're trying to accomplish.  Do you
> need your figures to appear in text, or do you need them to appear at
> the end of your document after the references section?  (The way that
> many biomedical journals specify an article must be submitted.)
>
> And what do you mean, by "the default order isn't what I want."
> Typically figures are printed in the order that they appear in the
> document.  If you are doing fancy things with wrap-floats, that can
> throw the ordering of the figures off; but otherwise, whatever order you
> specify in your document should be the order they appear.
>
> Which means, that if you need them at the end of your document, then
> that is where I would place them (after the bibliography).  You can then
> refer to them in the text by using a tag + cross-reference.
>
> If you need them to appear in your text at a particular position, then
> that is where you should place the float.  There are ways to make floats
> go to the end of a document and arrange themselves into separate figures
> and tables sections, but it involves resetting LaTeX values and some
> ugly hackery.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,  Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I want all the figures/tables to
appear at the end of my document, after the references. And I want them
to appear in the order in which I make them in my .lyx file.  The
problem is that the order in which they appear in my .pdf is not the
order in which they appear in my .lyx. Yes, each figure is in the correct
order with respect to all the other figures and each table is in the
correct order w.r.t. all the other tables (and as they are listed in
my .lyx), but each table is not in the correct order w.r.t. the figures
and each figure is not in the correct order w.r.t. each table.

I don't need them to appear in any particular position, only in a
particular order.

Any idea how to use pdfbookmark after references?  I want to have a
bookmark in my pdf that links to my figures.

Thanks.