Thanks, this makes things clearer. One little comment, however

Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Daniel CLEMENT
> <daniel.clem...@prepas.org> wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > However, when I open the paragraph style dialog, the "indent paragraph"
> > box is checked, and indeed the paragraph comes out indented in preview.
>
> This is determined by the document class. LyX gets this information
> not yet from the document class, so it has to guess what to show on
> screen.

Reading this, I tried to switch between various document classes on a
sample document. All those I could test had the 1st par. indented: that
seems to be the general rule. So I was just thinking that, maybe, LyX's
"guess" could reflect this general situation...

[...]
> Vincent

Regards,
--