On 15/07/2010 12:27 PM, Stephan Witt wrote:
Dear LyX users,

since some time it is more and more common to zoom-in or zoom-out the workspace
of an application with Ctrl-plus or Ctrl-minus key-strokes. On a Apple Mac this
would be Cmd-plus or Cmd-minus. Traditionally in LyX the Ctrl-minus keys
produces an hyphenation hint. Therefore we have a conflict here.

On the one hand the new user would more likely expect Ctrl-plus/minus to act as
zoom-in/out. On the other hand the experienced users may disagree with the
change of behaviour if the standard key-binding of LyX for the hyphenation hint
move to e. g. Ctrl-Shift-minus.

So I want to start a little poll here:
please tell your pro or cons for binding the zoom-in/-out feature to
Ctrl-plus/-minus and moving the current binding of Ctrl-minus.

Regards,

Stephan

Ctrl +/- is very natural for zooming. I vote for change since it will be easier on beginners.

The hyphen shortcut could easily be reverted by advanced users who are used to the current key combination.

--
Julien