On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Uwe Stöhr <uwesto...@web.de> wrote:

> Am 18.08.2010 17:11, schrieb stefano franchi:
>

>  Ok, the file is enclosed, thanks Uwe.
>> The problem, I discovered, is somewhere with the additional latex code
>> that produces endnotes in memoir (without using external packages). In
>> my case the code resides in the memoir configuration package I wrote,
>> but I lifted it out and moved it to the preamble of the test document.
>>

> I cannot help you here since I don't fully understand what you want to
> achieve with your code.
> I guess you want to have endnotes instead of footnotes. If so, have a look
> at sec. 4.2.2 "Footnote Placement" of the EmbeddedObjects manual. I
> described there LyX's endnotes support and some endnotes customizations.
>
> If you tell me what exactly you need, I can try to have a closer look to
> achieve this.
>
> regards Uwe

Hi Uwe.
I need a slightly more sophisticated formatting of endnotes than what you
describe in the manual. The edited book I am working on has all endnotes at
the back, grouped by chapter. Every  block of endnotes begins with a heading
like "Notes for chapter X."  I suppose I could do it by hand, but I wanted
to somewhat automatize the procedure. This is what the code is supposed to
do. I am not a Latex expert by any means, I just copied it from the memoir
manual where the exact result I need is described. It worked fine until I
ran into the problem with the accent-aigu e I mentioned.
I will ask on the tex list. Hopefully the memoir maintainer will take a
look.

Thanks for taking a look.

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy           Ph:   (1) 979 862-2211
Texas A&M University                 Fax: (1) 979 845-0458
College Station, Texas, USA