Sorry Jurgen, but I just compiled a 142-slide beamer presentation with
biblatex footcites (verbose-ibid style) everywhere. It was a 1.2 MB
monster, that looked very beautiful using MinionPro. Everything on
LyX.

It was a completely straightforward process. I will try this sunday to
upload it to the wiki. Can somebody send me the password?

Best regards.

P.S.: As I wrote before, I was able to solve the problem I had with
bibtex and beamer. You just have to add the snippet "\def\newblock{}"
before the bibliography.
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com