On 2010-10-16, miro ilias wrote:
> Dear all,

> I just installed fresh Lyx on my Windows PC (version 1.6.7).

> The problem is how to get some 'LaTeX'-encoded national characters.

> For instance, I get the "ľ" properly written, \v{l}, the same for ť (as
> \v{t} ).

> However, there are remaining Slovak characters (like žýáíéš) which are
> not properly LaTeX encoded in Lyx.

By default, the latex source of a Slovak document uses encoding
iso8859-2, i.e. all characters are represented as 8-bit characters.

If your OS uses UTF-8 encoding, hight-bit chars may lead to errors or
show as strange symbols if you open the latex source file in an editor.
However, running through latex should work fine.

You can, however configure the latex-source encoding on a per-document
basis in Document>Settings>Language ...

I suppose with "LaTeX encoded" you mean what LyX calls "ASCII".
Then, all accented characters will be written with accent macros.

Günter