Thanks for the link.

I was able to get LuaTeX working with normal pdfTeX documents via following the
instructions on the wiki (using the MacTeX 2010 distribution and LyX 2.0).  I'm
running into problems using fontspec, though.  I think that is due to the lack
of a fontspec database.  (Described in the fontspec2010 docs.)  To generate the
database, you need to download and run a script.  I'll have to experiment with
it when I have a bit more time.

But, initial experiments show that it was easy to get up and running, and that
it works with LyX 2.0 very well.  Take care with UTF characters, though.  I
probably could have gotten it sorted out, but didn't really want to fuss with
it.

I will update the wiki when I get a moment.  (I'm also going to have a go with
fontspec and see if I can get the problems sorted).

Cheers,

Rob