On Sunday 14 November 2010 06:03:35 Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Jason Waskiewicz
>
> <jason.waskiew...@sendit.nodak.edu> wrote:

> > I hope you find something here that you can use. The limitation I see
> > with LyX is the ability to nest in a layout file.
>
> Yes, Steve has been singling out this very issue, too. Is anyone aware
> of any progress regarding nesting in a layout files? Does 2.0 have
> anything new to offer? If this is technically feasible, should I file
> a bug report?

Here is the email where I troubleshot the compile failures down to the
practice of nesting LaTeX code inside LyX styles:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg66171.html

The thread that follows goes into possible solutions and eventually comes to
the conclusion that it's insoluble without modifying LyX files to take LaTeX
out of LyX style defs.

If one could somehow take all the Preamble...EndPreamble code out of LyX
styles and put it in the document preamble, the compile problems would go
away.

The only solution I can think of that doesn't involve reconstructing existing
LyX files that distribute with LyX is a script that recurses through all
included LyX files, removes LaTeX embedded in LyX styles, and moves it up to
the document preamble, and then use THAT MASSIVE FILE as your layout file.
Ugly!

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package