On 11/15/2010 08:46 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:
I want to make myself an article template that's otherwise normal, but with a custom title page. Basically, I want something that goes

(Nifty graphics with my company logo)

   title
   author
   abstract

(More nifty graphics)

This is for when I need to make a white paper for a customer, or to post on the web, etc.

I tried to do this as a one-off within LyX, and couldn't even get as far as inserting nifty graphics ahead of the title. So it appears I don't even know where to start.

Where do I start? Is this something that can be done fairly easily? Do I need a template in LaTeX? If so, how do I bind/import/convert/whatever it to work with LyX?

TIA

I forgot to reply to the list. You both have my private thanks -- here they are publicly.

Liviu's direction got me going with a custom "finger-painted" title page; once I have that working well and I get the time to wrap my head around LaTeX programming I'll take a stab at making my own article class.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services