Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Jannick Asmus writes:

Can you please remove your userdir and try again.

I would if I only knew where to find it on my WinVista machine (sorry
for this newbie question).

Removing the UserDir would not help I guess. If I'm right, test out
this:
- open the program "regedit" (e.g. via Windows' "execute" start menu
entry) - go there to the main folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LyX\
- delete the folder "LyX2.0"

Deleting the registry folder didn't help. :(

- if there is no such folder or it doesn't help, delete the folder
"lyx20"

Which folder do mean? In the registry (already deleted and reestablished at fire up afterwards) or in %appdata%?

And: Can I delete the reg entries for lyx 1.6 and lyx 1.6.3 (I have discovered whild crawling through the registry?

@Uwe: I'll send you the registry entries of lyx 1.6, 1.6.3 and 2.0 via email.

/J.