You can enter text mode with \text, use the strikeout command manually (it's
\sout), then use \ensuremath to get back into math mode. For instance, paste
this into a LyX math environment:
\text{\sout{\ensuremath{a^bc}}}

The attached file has a macro to simplify this, and to make the equations look
bit more bearable while you're editing them (I still recommend turning on
instant preview though).  Note that since you're essentially bypassing LyX for
this command:
* you'll need to manually put "\usepackage{ulem}" in the preamble, as done in
the attachment.
* you may need to change the AMS math package settings to force that package to
be used too.

To repeat and add to what Uwe said:
* If you really mean "this is not true", then strikeout isn't appropriate.
 However, if you're cancelling variables, say because you're teaching this to
high school students, then strikeout is correct.
* Whatever stage your students are at, multiple-character variables should
*definitely* not be in italics! Use \operatorname to enclose such variables
(see
attachment for an example of this, too).

Jim