Rich Talley <rbtalley <at> unm.edu> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Kelly Kearney <kkearney <at> princeton.edu>
wrote:
> So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to run Mac Lyx from the command
> line.  Any pointers?
>

> Sure. In OS X, applications appear to the GUI as a single object but are
actually special folders. You can examine their contents in the Finder by
right-clicking on the app and choosing 'Show Package Contents'.

> Working from the terminal, and assuming you installed Lyx in the Applications
folder, the path to the executable is:

> /Applications/Lyx.app/Contents/MacOS/Lyx

Thanks for the info, but I was actually wondering how to run the executable.
Though I can locate it, I'm not sure how to get it to run outside of the .app
package.  Simply trying to issue the "lyx" command in a terminal results in a
command not found error, even when issuing said command from
/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS.

Thanks for your patience,
Kelly