Hello,
I am using TeXLive (the MacTeX TeX installation, with tex commands placed in
/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/universal-darwin/).  I tried running the
installer again and did get the same result (I even tried running the
LyX-installer.app from the command line to authenticate).  At any rate, I
can run LyX and produce LyX files.  My concern is that I cannot then create
LaTeX files or import LaTeX files correctly.
Thank you for the help.