Joost Verburg <joost <at> lyx.org> writes:

> On 12/19/2010 5:41 PM, Ken wrote:
> > How can I force LyX to use the new 2.9 installation?
>
> You can set the MiKTeX path in:
> Tools > Preferences > Paths > PATH prefix
>
> Re-running the installer will also allow you to change the MiKTeX location.
>
> Joost

Hi Joost,

Yes, adding the line "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin;" to the path did
indeed make a difference.

Just so I better understand how LyX/MikTeX work, why was LyX using 2.7 even
though I have 2.9 referenced on the Windows path?  Why do I need to add it to
the LyX path?  LyX must be remembering the old path locations so where is this
setting being stored and why can't I just update that settings file?

Thanks,
Ken