2010/12/20 Ken <kmai...@gmail.com>:
> Joost Verburg <joost <at> lyx.org> writes:
>

>> On 12/19/2010 5:41 PM, Ken wrote:
>> > How can I force LyX to use the new 2.9 installation?
>>
>> You can set the MiKTeX path in:
>> Tools > Preferences > Paths > PATH prefix
>>
>> Re-running the installer will also allow you to change the MiKTeX location.
>>
>> Joost
>>

> Hi Joost,
>
> Yes, adding the line "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin;" to the path did
> indeed make a difference.
>
> Just so I better understand how LyX/MikTeX work, why was LyX using 2.7 even
> though I have 2.9 referenced on the Windows path?  Why do I need to add it to
> the LyX path?  LyX must be remembering the old path locations so where is this
> setting being stored and why can't I just update that settings file?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Not exactly. Some parts of LyX configuration is being build upon
installation and initial configuration procedure. Then these
informations are used on every LyX reconfiguration. There is no
feature to automatically look for new version of MikTeX and that is
good for couple of reasons. Mainly you can safely have two or more
MikTeX versions installed and switch them to test how LyX plays with
them. The only thing you need to remember is to put correct path to
the MikTeX version you for in LyX preferences window when you want
cooperate with new version. I am fine with that.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl