On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 23:39 +0100, Stephan Witt wrote:
> Am 20.01.2011 um 19:39 schrieb Kenward Vaughan:

> >> You did not tell me, how you build it.
> >> Nevertheless, please check you have all needed software packages for
> >> developers installed.
> >> In case you built it with autotools and configure you may want to check
> >> the logs.
> >

> > The build ran fine after autoconfig was used.  I glanced through the
> > output, and seeing nothing odd ran make and then make install.  All per
> > the quick directions.
>
> I take it you called ./configure in top directory of source tree...
>
> The relevant output here is like

> checking aspell.h usability... yes
> checking aspell.h presence... yes
> checking for aspell.h... yes
> checking for new_aspell_config in -laspell... yes
> checking whether to use aspell... yes
> checking for ENCHANT... yes
> checking whether to use enchant... yes
> checking hunspell/hunspell.hxx usability... no
> checking hunspell/hunspell.hxx presence... no
> checking for hunspell/hunspell.hxx... no
> checking for main in -lhunspell... no
> checking whether to use hunspell... no
>
> You can see I don't have any spell checker library code installed.
> That's why hunspell is left not available.
>
> Please post the relevant output of your configure run for comparison.

I didn't have this available since it was built in /tmp a few weeks ago.
I pulled in the Lyx code again, installed the aspell *dev  package
(which was not installed), recompiled, and now things work.  Browsing
through all the documentation pulled up the information as well that the
dev package was required.

I think I'll file this as a bug under LyX with Debian...  For average
users, I'd think this is an item expected to be there.

I just saw Paul's note as well (apparently he had the same problem).

Thank you very much for your patience and help, Stephan!

Kenward
--
Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics.  I can assure you
that mine are still greater.         Albert Einstein