On Thursday, January 27, 2011 07:56:06 Ken wrote:
> Hi. I am writing a Beamer presentation. One of my slides has a very
> large EPS graphic. When I get to this slide in the presentation the
> computer takes a few moments to draw this image to screen.
>
> Is there a way for me to instead ask LyX to export this image to the
> PDF slideshow under a different format?  One that will render more
> instantly, such as a high-quality JPEG?

Your EPS graphic almost certainly has too much detail for the screen
resolution of the projector used in the presentation.  Depending on the
content of the graphic there might be better approaches, but I'd suggest using
an image editor such as Gimp to produce a raster image with no more than about
1600 pixels in the largest dimension, and save it as a PNG file.

If the result does not have detail you need for the presentation, you will
have to reconsider what you're presenting, perhaps using an overview with
additional slides to show detail.

--
Les Denham