I believe the following message did not get through to the list. Sorry,
should you receive it twice.

Am 01.03.2011 17:04:08 schrieb(en) Carlos Franke:
Thanks, John and Ingar!

I will try the "parallel" and "parcolums" packages first (of which
parcolumns seems much more mature at the first glance). They appear to
provide just what I need, while ledmac/ledpar seem to be overkill for
me. Yet another package, "paracol", was mentioned somewhere, though the
link there was dead and I could not find anything else about it on the
web.

Lyx integration would be nice, but I do not think I can do this anytime
soon. Maybe someone else will: I just noticed that ledmac/ledpar
support is on the feature poll in the wiki:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/FeaturePoll2 (under "Package support").

Carlos