On 25/03/2011 9:56 AM, Hellmut Weber wrote:
Am 23.03.2011 13:52, schrieb Julien Rioux:
On 23/03/2011 5:55 AM, Hellmut Weber wrote:
Hi list,
I'm using LyX 1.6.7 on xubuntu  10.10 and I'm as satisfied as for the
roughly ten years I'm using LyX now.

Actually I have a little problem:

I like to have the path to the document at the end of my documents.
So I've created a little python script giving me the end (because my
file system tree is quite deep) of the path, accordingly I have defined
an alias pdflatex="pdflatex -shell-escape" to permit the use of this
script from within the latex source of my document.

This doesn't work for lyx. I suppose lyx calls pdflatex using its
absolute path. To find the place where this default is set I've been
looking in ~/.lyx/preferences,  /usr/share/lyx, ~/.config/Lyx, ~/.gconf,
~/.gconfig with no result.

So, can somebody gice me a hint where the default paths for the
converter calls are hidden?

Your interpretation sounds correct. You can change the converter line in
Tools>  Settings>  File Handling>  Converters (look for LaTeX ->  PDF
(pdflatex))

but...

I would suggest to use \jobname in ERT if possible instead of calling a
python script for this.

Similarly, I would like to use '.' as the default path for saving new
lyx documents. Changing the corresponding setting in the menu
tools>settings>paths>home (retranslated from my german version of
lyx) I can change that location but the change is not remembered when I
open lyx the next time.

Any ideas on this?

hmm, not sure. this might be a bug.

Hi Julien,
thanks for your response.

I do use \jobname already but is gives only the last part, i.e. the
'naked' filename.

What I want to show too is the path to the lyx source file, ideally the
real one (and not the one of the temporary directory where lyx does all
of its work).

My python script is only a workaround because it shows me the actual
working directory where pdflatex is running. So for the final version of
my documents I must export to latex and pdflatex the document by hand to
get the correct dir name.
I'm willing to do so but I haven't found a possibility to activate the
-shell-escape option from inside lyx. And witout the original pdflatex
activated by lyx returns an error.

Any idea about that?

TIA

Hellmut

I see. Does it not work when you put -shell-escape in the converter? You find the converters from the menu Tools > Preferences > File Handling > Converters. The dialog works in a funny way. You need to click on the Converter Definition LaTeX (pdflatex) -> PDF (pdflatex), change the Converter line (add -shell-escape), click Modify, then click Save.

--
Julien