On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Bruce Pourciau
<bruce.h.pourc...@lawrence.edu> wrote:
> A journal wants me to send them a zipped up folder which contains the figure
> files, a pdf to tell them where the figures are to be placed, and the tex
> file, with all LaTeX "includes" commented out and the figure captions
> collected at the end. Is there something I can do from within LyX so my lyx
> file will generate a tex file in which all the LaTeX "includes" are
> commented out?

What about branches? You can use branch that contains only '%' in ERT
and that you add right in front of the figure includes. When compiling
the normal document, you disable the branch. When you need to comment
out the figures, you enable the branch.

Regards
Liviu

--