On Apr 1, 2011, at 6:00 AM, Guenter Milde wrote:

On 2011-03-31, Liviu Andronic wrote:
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Bruce Pourciau
<bruce.h.pourc...@lawrence.edu> wrote:
A journal wants me to send them a zipped up folder which contains the figure files, a pdf to tell them where the figures are to be placed, and the tex file, with all LaTeX "includes" commented out and the figure captions collected at the end. Is there something I can do from within LyX so my lyx
file will generate a tex file in which all the LaTeX "includes" are
commented out?

What about branches?

Yes. But I'd go for a less convoluted implementation:

You can use branch that contains only '%' in ERT and that you add right
in front of the figure includes. When compiling the normal document,
you disable the branch. When you need to comment out the figures, you
enable the branch.

This relies on the fact that the figure include maps to just one line
of source code.

Why not just put the figures (and all related material) into a branch
that is active by default but inactive for the generation of the
no-figures source?

Günter

Yes, this is exactly what I ended up doing, and it worked perfectly.

Bruce