On 2011-04-02, Bruce Pourciau wrote:

> Let me add this: The editors don't expect the author of a Word
> submission to conduct the revision process in an unfamiliar file
> format. I'm sure they go back and forth with Word files. But they are
> trying to force me to conduct the editing process in an unfamiliar
> file format, namely tex.

However, I suppose they clearly stated that they accept either LaTeX
or Word *before* you submitted your manuscript.

In both cases, the submission-format is used for the revision process.

I don't think it is fair to expect the editors to be familiar with any of
the many possible formats of some pre-processing state to generate either
of these (OpenOffice, LyX, some HTML2latex or HTML2Word converter,
Abiword, Docutils, ...). (Working with OpenOffice while the other side
uses Word can be a nightmare too.)

Günter