----- Mail Original -----
De: "Richard Heck" <rgh...@comcast.net>
À: "Alain DIDIERJEAN" <alain.didierj...@free.fr>, "lyx-users"
<lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Envoyé: Jeudi 12 Mai 2011 21h10:58 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome
/ Stockholm / Vienne
Objet: Re: Chapters beginning on even pages

On 05/12/2011 02:41 PM, Alain DIDIERJEAN wrote:
> [...]
One option is to do Insert>Formatting>Clear Double Page before each of them.

Try something like this in a layout file:
    Style ChapterDPage
        CopyStyle Chapter
        LaTeXCommand chapterdpage
        Preamble
                \newcommand\chapterdpage[1]{\cleardoublepage\chapter{#1}}
        EndPreamble
    End

Richard

PS Please keep questions on the list, in case someone else was watching
the thread, and so that answers will be archived for later searching.

The cleardoublepage{} command forces the beginning of chapters on an odd page.
Finally I use the openany option and
cleardoublepage{} whenever I want to make sure a chapter stars on an odd page.
It works fine.
By the way, the I'm typesetting in lyx the 'Oeuvres complètes' of Arthur
Rimbaud as provided by Gutemberg project. If anyone is interested, let me know,
I'll be glad to send it as a lyx or pdf file whenever it's finished.
Thanks, Richard for the help,

--

        Alain DIDIERJEAN      Puisque ces mystères nous dépassent
                           Feignons d'en être l'organisateur