Sorry for the enigmatic title, English is not my first language.

What I am trying to do is to make some long headings evenly distributed over two lines in the text by using \\ in ERT. It works well with one exception: In the TOC the headings are cut in the same place as in the text. This looks rather ugly.

I use a two column layout (Koma book) so there is less space for headings in the text than in the TOC and manually corrected headings looks much better than a heading automatically justified by LyX with just a single word on the second line.

Is there a way to distribute headings on two lines in the text and on a single line in the TOC?

Best Regards
Påvel