On 2011-05-27, Mike Bonhoff wrote:
> Hi all,

> I have a little problem with my language settings.

> At first I wrote my text in english and then decided to write it in
> German. Of course I want the environments to have the same language
> (for example "Bemerkung" instead of "Remark"; I think these are
> environments in the module "Theorem").

> So I changed language by
> "Document->Settings->language->language:German". But unfortunately some
> of the environments appear in English (for example "example" and
> "remark") while others appear in German (for example "Beweis", which is
> the German word for "proof").

There might be two reasons: missing translation for these environments
or still English.

> I saw in the Code that Lyx still uses
> the options english and ngerman both:
> \documentclass[oneside,english,ngerman]{scrbook}

This means that there are both English and German text parts in your
document and German (as the last in the list) is the default language.

> Is it possible to change the language for all environments?

Yes. But sometimes you need to do it twice (or even more times),
because LyX does not change the language in all "nested" environments.
With the normal settings, you will still see the blue underline in
these environments/boxes/insets and the status bar might show the
"different than default" language.

It might also be the other way round: the inset is English but the
content German (then you won't see the blue underline).

I would look at the TeX source (View>Source) or at the *.lyx file in a
text editor.

Günter