On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Paul Rubin <ru...@msu.edu> wrote:
> Eric Weir <eeweir <at> bellsouth.net> writes:
>
>> The tutorial mentions a
>> document, example_raw.lyx, to which I am to make corrections as I
>> progress through the tutorial, but it
>> doesn't say where it is and I can't find it.
>
> On Linux, look in /usr/share/lyx/examples.  On Windows, look for the examples
> folder under the LyX installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\lyx, I
> think).  On a Mac, try the Finder or ask Steve Jobs. :-)

On Mac, there's no easy way to get to the default examples folder. It
can be found at .../LyX.app/Contents/Resources/examples, which you can
get to through the or the Open file dialog by hitting <Cmd>-g and then
entering the path.

(We need a better solution for that and the default templates folder.)

BH