Dear list members,

As a newbee to Lyx, recently I tried to set it up and use the Sweave module
to document some R codes
I have. I ran into problems very similar to the one discussed earlier in
this tread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg87193.html

I looked through the replies, tried and same problem remained. I have listed
what I did below and hope
to find a cure.

I tried the following steps in two systems: XP + MikTex 2.9 + R 2.13.0 /
Win7 + MikTex 2.9 + R 2.13.0

1. put "C:\Program Files\MiKTEX 2.9\miktex\bin" and "C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.13.0\bin"
    into the PATH system variable.

2. download and install RTool for 2.13.x or later, checked to add the
appropriate Rtools path during
    installation. And "C:\Program Files\Rtools\MinGW\bin", "C:\Program
Files\Rtools\MinGW64\bin"
    are in the PATH variable, too.

3. copy noweb.sty and Sweave.sty to "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
2.9\tex\latex\misc" and Refresh FNDB
    using the MikTex setting interface. I can use "kpsewhich" under command
mode to locate these two
    style files.

4. download LyX-2.0.0-3-Installer and install Lyx. After installation, run
the Reconfigure once.

When these steps finished, I opened the test file sweave.lyx, the "View"
button is "disabled". I can see
the Sweave module is loaded in Lyx from the Preference tab with the typical
warning:

"WARNING: Some required packages are unavailable!"

I am pretty much stuck at this point and don't know what else I can do. Any
help is truly appreciated.

Regards,
Ziliang

--