Finally I solved this problem when trying to fix another problem related to
SVG graphics.

The problem is related to the temporal path used by Lyx. I am usign  Lyx in
spanish, where the temp path by default has characters not supported by Lyx,
as "ConfiguraciĆ³n Local" (local configuration). I think this should be
handled in future releases to avoid changing the path to a simpler place,
like c:\temp.

As I told before, the same problem occurs when Lyx does the internal
conversions of graphics to PNG, for example from SVG. The temporal path in a
language different than english probably generates troubles. This is also
fixed by changing the temp folder.

Regards,
Mariano.