On 08/30/2011 02:19 PM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 08/29/2011 09:14 AM, Sophie Vandenbussche wrote:
Hi everyone!

I use LyX in a professional linux environment, in shared folders where
660 rights are automatically given to any created file. When I export
a pdf file (using pdflatex), the created file has 600 permission. I
made a trace of what happens during the saving, and at the end of
everything it makes a chmod 600 on the file.
So, does anyone know how to change that? Or deactivate it?

I've had a look at this, and I don't think it's a LyX-specific thing. I
just exported a file, and it's created with 664 permissions. And, so far
as I can see, LyX does not do anything to change the permissions. The
copying happens at the end of the Buffer::doExport routine, via the call
to copyFile(), which is implemented in Exporter.cpp, which calls
Mover::copy(), which eventually calls FileName::copyTo, which finally
calls QFile::copy(), the static version, to effect the copy. Nowhere
there do I see any attempt to change the permissions. So perhaps this is
something to do with your Qt installation?

It might also have to do with the global setup that assigns that 660 permission. Remember that the export to ___ process starts with a TeX file in the /tmp/* directory, which might have different default permissions than the user space, pdflatex may preserve those permissions.

--

David L. Johnson

Let's not escape into mathematics.  Let's stay with reality.
                -- Michael Crichton