On 08/29/2011 09:14 AM, Sophie Vandenbussche wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I use LyX in a professional linux environment, in shared folders where
> 660 rights are automatically given to any created file. When I export
> a pdf file (using pdflatex), the created file has 600 permission. I
> made a trace of what happens during the saving, and at the end of
> everything it makes a chmod 600 on the file.
> So, does anyone know how to change that? Or deactivate it?

I've had a look at this, and I don't think it's a LyX-specific thing. I
just exported a file, and it's created with 664 permissions. And, so far
as I can see, LyX does not do anything to change the permissions. The
copying happens at the end of the Buffer::doExport routine, via the call
to copyFile(), which is implemented in Exporter.cpp, which calls
Mover::copy(), which eventually calls FileName::copyTo, which finally
calls QFile::copy(), the static version, to effect the copy. Nowhere
there do I see any attempt to change the permissions. So perhaps this is
something to do with your Qt installation?

Richard