Gabriel Hurley <gabriel.hurley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Windows 7. I am using 2.0.0 because 2.0.1 has not been released for
> Windows except through cygwin. And yes, it happens with every lyx
> file.

1. Can you find the LyX temporary directory?  If so, after View > PDF (pdflatex)
and with LyX still open, does Windows Explorer show newfile1.tex parked in that
directory?

2. Create a new file and save it somewhere (say, your desktop).  Does File >
Export > PDF (pdflatex) create a .tex file of the same name alongside it?

3. If you right-click the LyX icon and run it as an administrator, does the same
problem occur?

Paul