Hi,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Last time I looked, elyxer did pretty much the same sort of thing, but had
> footnotes styled with things like "float: right;", rather than with the
> appearing and disappearing act they do in LyX. But the real issue, as we
> discussed before, is somehow to defer them to the end.

Actually, with eLyXer you can choose several styles for your footnotes:
  - hover, where the footnote appears when you place the pointer over them;
  - margin, where they appear on the right;
  - and end, where they are deferred to the end.
They can be combined so footnotes appear at several places.

Allow me to refer you to the relevant section of the user guide:
  http://elyxer.nongnu.org/userguide.html#sub:Footnotes

Alex.