On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Aileen Mueller
<aileen.muel...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am using Lyx 2.0 and JabRef for references. I write my thesis in
> German and need to include some references in Chinese characters. I
> use Unicode and am able to input Chinese characters in JabRef, but
> when I want to include them in Lyx it doesn't seem to work. I only get
> a question mark for all my references in Lyx, including those which
> are in German. How can I fix this?

I'm no expert, but I think I heard that bibtex didn't support Unicode.
One alternative would be biblatex. This has been discussed several
times on teh list. You may also want to look into using XeTeX, if you
want to mix "exotic" scripts into your LyX document.

Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm