On 09/19/2011 10:39 PM, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
If I summarize my problem:

1/ I have created a new document the default language of which was English;
2/ I have written two paragraphs in French in it, then I have seen the
wavy red lines and understood that I have not changed the default
language);
3/ I have opened the document properties and switched the language to Français;
4/ I have written other paragraphs in French, it was OK.
5/ I have seen that the first two paragraphs was continuing to pose
problem (which is normal);
6/ I have marked the whole document them with the mouse +
right-click+Language and
selected Français.
7/ I was surprised to observe that the red wavy lines were persisting
8/ I have checked the language at the status bar, it continued to show
English at the beginning of the paragraph.
9/ I have selected the paragraph with the mouse + right-click+Language and
selected Français again
10/ The problem persisted.

There are a few bugs around concerning the change of a language, you've
probably encountered some of them:

Changing text language using context menu doesn't work properly - http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7778

&

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7681
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7677
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/2190

Given your OS (OSX), there may be some other as well. I couldn't reproduce what you described on my OS.