Hello

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Guenter Milde <mi...@users.berlios.de> wrote:
> You could, e.g. use TeXGyre Pagella as main font.
> Then set up a secondary font containing the required symbol with fontspec
> in the user preamble

I tried this approach and after a bit of experimenting I came up with
a solution that allows me to use the necessary main fonts and add a
secondary 'DejaVu Sans' font family just for the checkbox.

> and use it changing fonts with ERT or a text style.

Now I can only use ERT to insert the checkbox. (See attached.) To use
a text style, would I need to define a custom inset in a new module?
Or is there a simpler approach?

Regards
Liviu