On Sep 27, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Patrick De Visschere wrote:

Hello,

Including a .pdf file with \includegraphics and with a relative pathname like

\includegraphics{../path/to/file/starting/from/parent/directory/ some_file.pdf}

results in a "file not found" error from the pdftex.def package.

When exporting as .tex and processing with e.g. TeXShop there is no problem.

This problem occurs with LyX 2.0.1 under OS X; (not with LyX 2.0.0)

Regards,

P. De Visschere

Are you using \includegraphics in a TeX Code box?
Or through the insert graphics LyX interface?

The former will cause problems because of the way LyX does the Tex compile in a temporary directory, which is not where your relative path is pointing. If you use the LyX interface, it resolves all of the paths before passing it off to the latex command.

I have the same issue with the \includepdf command and have just learned to use full path strings.
(Yes I know there is now a LyX dialog for this command)
Or I think you can define a default pathname in the preamble, but it is kind of messy.

I am a bit puzzled why the behavior switched between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1?
But maybe someone on the dev team can help.

HTH
Steve