Hi,

After upgrading to Lion I checked that my Lyx installation worked -
no problem. Now when I try to run it,
 it fails with the "PowerPC applications not supported" error from
Lion. I'm not sure what changed - don't
 remember checking Lyx 2.0.1 was ok when I downloaded it or
maybe it was a Mac OS upgrade.

I did searching on the web and here to see if anyone else had this
problem and found:

"It sounds to me like they are not using the unpack-and-run
version. This problem has been around for a
couple of years for OS X users who have not installed the Rosetta
emulator that runs PPC code. Now that
PPC emulation is no longer included in Lion, users who have
upgraded will only be able to use unpack-
and-run version, unless the development team upgrades the
software they have been using to bundle up
the application for installation on a Mac."

in a forum regarding Elan on Mac OS Lion:
 (http://www.lat-mpi.eu/tools/elan/elanforum/
post201107264935516415)

perhaps this is relevant.

Can anyone help me get Lyx working again?

Mark