Am 01.10.2011 um 17:34 schrieb Trevor Jenkins:

> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Mark <mark....@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> After upgrading to Lion I checked that my Lyx installation worked -
>> no problem. Now when I try to run it,
>>  it fails with the "PowerPC applications not supported" error from
>> Lion. I'm not sure what changed - don't
>>  remember checking Lyx 2.0.1 was ok when I downloaded it or
>> maybe it was a Mac OS upgrade.
>
> Haven't Apple removed Rosetta Stone from OS X with the release of
> Lion. All applications are now supposed to be Intel-native. The LyX
> installed on my Snow Leopard system produces this output from file
>
> nowhere:~ trevor$ file /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/lyx
> /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/lyx: Mach-O universal binary with
> 2 architectures
> /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/lyx (for architecture
> ppc7400):     Mach-O executable ppc
> /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/lyx (for architecture
> i386):        Mach-O executable i386
>
> so there's still PPC code bound into the image.

Yes, and that's intentional. Do you have any pointer where Apple announces
it will deny the start of an Intel based application when bundled with a
ppc based when Rosetta is dropped?
I'd rate this as a ridiculous decision or a bug. Furthermore, it works on
other Lion systems.

The web search lead me to this page:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3215877?start=0&tstart=0

But I don't know how it is related.