On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Julien Rioux <jri...@physics.utoronto.ca>wrote:

> On 10/10/2011 11:02 AM, Lastalda Felina wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm trying to insert a footnote in a longtable.
>>
>> The embedded objects manual as well as several sources on the web tell
>> me this should not be a problem, or that's how I read them.
>> But when I do it, the little number shows up but the footnote text
>> doesn't. (Footnotes outside the table work fine, though!)
>>
>> Can anyone help me, please?
>>
>> I can supply a minimal file with the problem, but as I've sent out
>> this question a week ago with the minimal file attached and got no
>> replies, I'm afraid that the list didn't like me attaching a file. But
>> I'm happy to send it upon request.
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Lastalda
>>

> The email came through and the attachment as well. Unfortunately it seems
> that the set of people that read your message and the set of people that
> know the answer to your question do not overlap. Sorry, hopefully someone
> knows the answer!

If you can't find the answer here, try one of the LaTeX mailing lists.

Also, start small: normal document class, one longtable with footnote - does
it work? Change the document class - does it still work? And continue until
you have your sample document.

If you report back where it fails, you are more likely to find an answer.

Cheers,

Rainer

> --
> Julien