Hi

You can not put a footnote in the repeated (first)header in a longtable.
If you do LateX would have to put one at each page, and instead removes
the whole thing.

If you place the footnote elsewhere in the table it works.

Maybe you could use some of the suggestion on these pages to
make things work for you, I have not tried :).
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Tables
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=footintab

HTH,
Ingar Pareliussen