On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
<torq...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What version of LyX? Here 2.0.1 works fine on Xubuntu 10.04 64bit using
>> Xfce.
>
> Thanks for the information! I'm using 2.0.1, also on 64bit. I've now
> switched to the proprietary Nvidia driver, and it is noticeably faster. I
> would say that with this driver, the speed is now acceptable.
>
> I have deactivated the automatic toolbars that appear when the cursor passes
> a mathematical equation, so that helps a bit. Even though I wanted to use

Yes, in my experience the automatic math toolbars make entering and
leaving math quite slow. So far it was always acceptable for me, but
in a past life with a less fancy computer it was making life more
difficult.

Glad you solved it. Regards
Liviu

--