On Thu, 20 Oct 2011, Keith Roberts wrote:

From: Keith Roberts <ke...@karsites.net>
Subject: Re: Need LyX 1.6.10 Configuration file for Windows 32 bit

 To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
 From: Olivier Ripoll <durocortorum73-gm...@yahoo.fr>

 On 19.10.2011 14:09, Keith Roberts wrote:
>   Greetings all.
> > I have trashed my Lyx Converter preferences, and cannot View DVI or
>   Postscript files now.
> > Does anyone have a working LyX 1.6.10 windows config file I can use
>   please? Or is there some way to restore the preferences to the
>   originsl
>   default values please?

 On Windows, the configuration folder is in the hidden "AppData" folder
 in your home folder (may be different on Vista and XP). I'm pretty
 sure that if you rename the "lyx" folder there to something else, LyX
 will create a new preference folder with default values the new time
 you start it. You can then compare both and take the best on the two.

Thanks Oliver.

I'll give that a try, because I will not loose the original folder's contents if I rename it.

I deleted the whole of the lyx16 directory, and restarted LyX. It re-created the lyx16 directory in my home folder, viewing PDF and Postscript works fine, but still cannot view DVI files. So I guess 2 out of 3 will have to do for now. The reason I like to view in DVI format, is that it seems to generate quicker that PDF's do.

Thanks for all the help with this.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites: