Hi,

i'm trying to import a doc file, written in Polish.  I'm running
Windows 7 and using LibreOffice 3.4.4.
I've read the wiki page about importing doc and tried writer2latex,
but the result doesn't compile, giving some strange warning about
overwritten command that i was unable to solve (sometimes LyX doesn't
even import the .tex file), and the LaTeX source is unreadable.
Robert Oakes' solution is for Linux only, as i understand.
I've also searched mailining list archives and read about importing
via html, but it didn't work too (LyX said "An error occurred while
running: java -jar htmltolatex.jar -input "testingfile.html" -output
"testingfile.tex" while trying to import html file). Other than that i
didn't see anything in the archives that wasn't 5 or more years old
(and thus clearly outdated).
Is there anything else that i should check?
:(

regards,
Janek Warchoł