On Nov 22, 2011, at 5:08 AM, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>
> wrote:
> Le 22/11/11 10:37, Rainer M Krug a écrit :
>
> Brilliant - exactly what I was looking for.
>
> No, it is even in emacs bindings not mapped, as far as I could tell -
> Ctrl+space is there still the inert-protected-space (which I remapped to
> shift+space).
>
> It looks like it is bound to C-@ for emacs.
>
> Thanks for checking - quite a difficult shortcut (C-shift-2)..

Unfortunately, there are indeed some small problems with the mark command: the
selection is lost when you use screen-up or -down. This doesn't happen when
jumping directly to the front or end of the buffer after setting the mark.
Fortunately, the mark is also preserved when you do "paragraph-down" or up,
which is almost as good as jumping page by page. And for screen-down selection,
there is a special LFUN "screen-down-select" which can fill the hole where
marks don't work.

For me, the mark in emacs is especially useful when copying large passages of
several screens full of text (because the shift arrow method is too slow).
Maybe it's worth filing a bug about the loss of mark with screen-up/down, so
that the correspondence to emacs is more complete (although LyX certainly has
all the functionality in some way).

Jens